Friday, May 30, 2008

Trials of a Race Director

As co-director of the Community Bank of Elmhurst 4 on the 4th, I have my hands full worrying about timing malfunctions, bad weather, quick response by the paramedics if needed and on and on and on. Here's one I never thought I'd have to worry about. Today, I received a jury trial summons for the week before race week. If I actually serve, the trials last 3-7 days according to the information provided. This is a moral dilemma because I believe strongly in particpating in our democracy, not just taking a free ride. But I also have a few things to deal with that week like packet stuffing and getting ready for packet pickup at Dick Pond in Elmhurst. Do I try to get out of it? Nope. Life is never dull. I wonder if they let you go out for runs or download on-line registration reports if you're sequestered in a jury room somewhere?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob-
You can call the 800 number and they'll give you an extension for 3 months from now. So, you won't be "getting out of it"....just postponing it.
-Tracy