Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Saturday Morning Progressive 10K


We're heading to beautiful Muncie, IN to visit the in-laws for Mother's Day, so this will be quick for now. I tried the Wheaton-Villa Park double today. So did at least one other runner, Eilseen Skisak. Doing the Hecto 50 (5K) in Wheaton, followed by a carefully choregraphed car route to Villa Park, followed by the Run for the Kids 5K made for an interesting morning. First, Wheaton (start shown above) was exceptionally bad for me. The lungs and legs just weren't there and I struggled to about 20:56.5,and was passed by people I'm not used to losing to. Dave Wilson, 39, of Brookfield, the winner (photo right) posted a 15:37.9. Lisa Johnson, 32, of Chicago was the women's victor in 18:37.3. Villa Park was a much less intense race, and I went about 21:35.9. I saw fellow 55-59er Gary Townsend as well as Lisa Menninger (women's winner with a 19:03) at Villa Park. Both races had nice turnouts. Results are posted on www.racetime.info.

No comments: