Tuesday, August 12, 2008

CDC Course Length: The Explanation

The course certifier for the Chicago Distance Classic explains what happened on an update to the race site. He says the turnaround point was "extended" .1668 miles, and says the race was lengthened by that much distance. To me, if the turnaround was extended .1668, the added distance should be twice that -- .3336. However, race director Beth Salinger assures me the explanation was just poorly written, and the total addition to the course was .1668. Therefore, we ran 13.2762 miles.Check out:
http://www.chicagodistanceclassic.com/results.htm#course08

1 comment:

lifestudent said...

Pretty interesting - I posted this on my blog too. The CDC website has pulled down all info of it and I can't find it anymore...some sort of conspiracy.