Sunday, August 3, 2008

Definitely Getting Some Good Mileage


I took a slow recovery run on the Prairie Path today and saw tons of people training for their fall marathons. I'm sure it was the same all over Chicagoland. These pictures depict what is was like in the Villa Park-Lombard sections. That's where I ran into (top photo) Eileen (fourth overall in a triathlon the day before), Dennis (has signed up for four half-marathons) and Ron (I just run . . . signed up for Oak Brook HM). Christine (she's always fast!) joined us for the fountain shot.

Other unidentified runners make their way past the clock in Villa park, heading east toward Elmhurst.

There were a lot of people running 12-20 miles. It was a good day to do it. I continue to be amazed by what happens every year at this time. Here's to Frank Shorter, Bill Rodgers, Joan Benoit Samuelson, Deena Kastor, Meb K., Khalid Khannouchi and everyone else who has inspired us all.

No comments: