Sunday, August 29, 2010

Scovill, Ryan Best at Windrunner 10K

High humidity on the limestone trails at Danada and Herrick Lake Forest Preserves didn't deter 289 finishers on Sunday at the annual Windrunners 10K through the two DuPage County Forest Preserves near Wheaton. Overall winner was Jeff Scovill, 36, of Minneapolis, in 33:58.6. The women's champion, also 36, was Suzanne Ryan of West Chicago, who ran a 38:07.7. Archie Bareikis, 24, of Oak Forest, was second overall in 34:31.4, and Colin Young, 34, of Mount Prospect, was third in 34:45.1. Considerably behind Ryan on the women's side was runner-up Kate Kostal, 25, of Winfield, in 42:47.3, and third-place finisher Maegan Harris, 31, of Aurora, in 44:39.3. I've always wanted to do this race, but confess I haven't because it was close to other races I've done a week later on Labor Day weekend. I think I would love it because I've run, roller-skied and snow-skied on those trails hundreds of times. Kudos to the Lisle Windrunners for producing a high-quality event.

No comments: