Thursday, November 6, 2008

Change Is In the Air

I'm not talking politics here. I'm talking weather. When the temps take a thud this weekend, dress in layers and you should be OK. The race schedule is strong this weekend, highlighted by the Westchester Veterun 10K and 5K on Sunday morning.
I'm not totally recovered from the Milwaukee Marathon, but probably will be at the starting line. I'm a veteran and I run. I guess the Veterun is a must. Meanwhile, the cross-training season has begun for me. That includes roller-skiing, and when it's warm, easy cycling. We've discovered two great trails in the past two weeks: the Virgil Gilman Trail in Kane County and the Old Plank Road Trail in Will County. Both are excellent for cycling, but paved, and maybe not good for runners who like soft surfaces. See you out on a trail or at the races. Stay warm.

No comments: