Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Running into the Future


I've posted earlier information on the construction of the Salt Creek Greenway through eastern DuPage County. I went out yesterday and checked out the section through Elmhurst up to Roosevelt Road.

Photos are from a new paved section north of Eldridge Park in Elmhurst and the path-to-be under Roosevelt Road, which then will head south and east to connect with existing paths all the way to Brookfield.

I see great running, walking, biking and roller-skiing possibilities on this new path. Yesterday, on my maiden voyage, I saw a blue heron and a mommy duck with her babies. This was all within a half-mile of Route 83 and Roosevelt Road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see some new options running out of Elmhurst. Thanks for the pics!

mb