Saturday, August 10, 2013

Days, Not Dog Days, of August This Year!

Can you remember a nicer August in recent years? Running conditions are a lot like fall when instead it should be hot and miserable. Crazy. Go figure, but I'm not complaining. My advice is to get out and enjoy it as much as you can. This kind of summer weather might not be back for many years! I know a lot of you are in marathon or half-marathon training mode. Once again, as I mentioned in the previous post, if you know someone fast for 26.2 miles, I need to hear from him or her as soon as possible at bobnanrun@sbcglobal.net. I'm talking sub 2:30 or so for men and sub-2:55 or so for women. This is for a story I am putting together for Chicago Athlete magazine. My deadline is next week! In the meantime, I am not running a marathon this year, but am gearing for the Fort 2 Base 11.5-miler on Aug. 25. There is a big hill and it's on the CARA Circuit. Can you say tough? I prepped for it today by running a small 5K in Algoma, WI, with a huge hill I survived it, but it wasn't pretty. It was a fun race and it's on a local circuit in the Green Bay area. CARA might want to look at it. You get points just for participating, and 100 places per age group score points, not 15, if there are that many runners. At any rate, it was fun, and I hope your next workout or race is, too.

No comments: