Saturday, October 27, 2012

Giulianos Sweep Halloween Hustle 5K

On an accurate course on a cold day, the seventh annual Halloween Hustle 5K in Palatine made its debut on the CARA Runners' Choice Circuit on Saturday morning. This race, known for its super-fast times on what had been a very short course, produced no complaints about course length this year. A bunch of turns, some leaves on some corners and temperatures in the mid-30s slowed everyone a bit, but recently married Ryan and Jacqui Giuliano of Champaign, still were plenty fast as they won the men's and women's competition. Ryan, 27, won the overall crown in 15:52.9, with Jacqui, 26, leading the ladies in 17:59.87. Runner-up male was Mark Wehrman, 26, of Chicago, in 16:05.15, and third was taken by Tim Hamilton, 27, of Grayslake, in 16:10.38. Second-place woman was CARA Executive Director Wendy Jaehn, 37, of Chicago, in 18:23.39, and third was taken by Heather Swink, 39, of Barrington, in 18:47.75. This was the season finale on the Runners' Choice Circuit. I was happy to run it and get my 10th Circuit race into the books. There were 675 finishers, many in great costumes. My costume goal was to look like a fast runner. I don't think I fooled anyone!

3 comments:

Pete B said...

Congrats on your 10th circuit race finish. Maybe some day I'll try and run more than two. :-)

Bob Richards said...

It's not easy, but is rewarding with all the friendships you make along the way! Go for it sometime. It's quite a challenge.

Brandon said...

Achieving your goals is sometimes not as easy as it seems. What helped me attain the most challenging fitness goals is one specific nutritional supplement - Navy Seal Formula manufactured by MGNutritionals. I get an overall energy and motivational increase. I spend twice as much time in the gym as I used to and still feel great! Never before have I been in such an excellent shape.