Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Weather Looks Good for Shamrock

Based on forecasts right now, the heat will be gone and the rain will be over when close to 40,000 runners take off on Sunday morning at the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K. This is one of my favorite events even though it is very difficult to get your race number and to travel to the race itself. Once you're at the expo on Friday or Saturday and the race on Sunday, things are great. I've seen this event go through all of its re-incarnations over the years, and I don't think it's been better. I remember when it used to start and finish in the Foster-Montrose area. I'm at the point now where I just hope to hold a fairly decent pace and cross the finish line in one piece. Injuries are a constant concern, but that is part of being a runner. If you're running, good luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah for low temps! good luck bob.