Sunday, January 4, 2009

Off to a Good Start

I don't know about you, but 2009 has been good so far. The paths are clear and the pavement is dry -- for now. I ran with the Elmhurst Running Club on Jan. 1. Their annual New Year's run took us into the City Centre area and past Elmhurst College. We had a great turnout and were treated to a superb brunch at Jayne Aspan's house afterward. I've had a couple of good runs since then as I try to coax my body into marathon mode for Boston. The fact that I have a rotator cuff problem that is preventing me from cross-country skiing is helping my running, by forcing me to do more of it! Yep, there's always a silver lining. I'm thinking of doing one of the local 5Ks this month. How about you? What are your plans for 2009? I know I'm running Boston. Until I know which races are on CARA's new Runner's Choice Series, I don't know what other races I'll be running. Stay warm. Stay safe.

No comments: